2009 Jul 23 21:48

[vox-tech] protection error in Directshow app

[vox-tech] protection error in Directshow app

sorry this appears to be a Microsoft direct show question, however,
kindly bear with me for a moment,

i found it might have more to do with codec in general, and i post my
question on a VC++ site and didn't get response. From my past
experience, I believe I will get better help here, hehe

I am working on a project, and it uses the basic functionality of
directshow, the project itself uses MFC/VC++.

Anyway it works fine for a while, but suddenly it refuses to play
*.avi files, giving me a error message (when I am in VC's debugging
mode ):

"Debugger detected - please close it down and restart! Windows NT
users: Please note that having the WinIce/SoftIce service installed
means that you are running a debugger!"

I checked online and it seems that some codec stops the app from
working properly, or it might be a virus. I have more concerns about
the latter. I have Kaspersky as my computer's guardian angel, however,
it failed to report any problems.

It's OK to play other media files registered in my system, like mpeg.

Thanks a lot for any enlightenment!

Hai