2009 Apr 22 14:56

Re: [vox-tech] [vox] Why Ubuntu, Kubuntu?

Re: [vox-tech] [vox] Why Ubuntu, Kubuntu?

I feel a need to throw in few more Ubuntu rants, though really they're
Kernel-related regressions:

(1) Recent kernel upgrade appears to have killed my S-Video support...?
    (Or perhaps its a weird combination of how/when I plug things in.)
    All I know was it took 20 minutes ot finally get my Region 2 DVD
    playing on my TV again, and I ended up editing Grub Menu and
    booting into the previous kernel.

(2) I received an old Webcam which should work fine with Linux.
    Everyone says it works great.  It refused to work.  Finally
    I booted into the original kernel that came on this laptop
    (from Ubuntu 7.04, I think?  Straight from Dell).  Then it worked.
    *sigh*  No kernel I've tried since has repaired this breakage.