2009 Apr 25 09:17

Re: [vox-tech] Blu-ray: How crazy would I be if...

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Chris Jenks <chris@jenks.us> wrote:

> Maybe I've been extremely unlucky, but I've found optical media to be
> extremely unreliable when the whole disk has to read perfectly. It may be
> OK to have a few frames missing from a movie, but even just yesterday I
> had to finish an Ubuntu install by hand because the desktop files were
> corrupted on the CD.

I would suspect a problem with your burner.  Also, you should verify
the integrity of the newly burned disc by comparing the contents to
the source data.  If you do this and use name-brand media (memorex,
maxell, tdk, sony, verbatim etc.), the contents should be reliable for
at least a few years barring any physical damage to the discs...