2009 Apr 22 13:31

[vox-tech] tags with mutt

FireFox and GMail have sort-of recently (past year) converted me from the
directory paradigm to the tag paradigm.

Is there a way to use tags with email and mutt?

I might be able to roll my own system if there's a convenient way to add a
header line to the email (I'd rather not do control-E and hand write the
header line -- after all, tagging is to increase efficiency/convenience).

Is there a way to maybe type control-t, then type something like
"linux,email,tags" and have the header

added to the headers?

Then when I delete, I can probably use some kind of hook to save the
email-to-be-deleted to a backup file.

Maybe an email tagged as "spam" could be auto-fed into bogofilter and
deleted without backing it up...

Pete

Last night I dreamt of 09-f9-11-02-9d-74-e3-5b-d8-41-56-c5-63-56-88-c0

"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today   p@dirac.org
is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent  http://www.dirac.org
are full of doubt"   ---   Bertrand Russell