2009 Apr 16 17:42

[vox-tech] [FWD Re: p2v a system]

Some notes I gathered for converting a physisical system to a virtual
one (aka p2v).

http://jimweller.com/2008/09/linux-p2v-notes.html

----- Forwarded message from Eric Branson ------

dd if=/dev/sda bs=16k | gzip -c >/samba/mnt/system9.gz ; gzip -t /samba/mnt/system9.gz 2>/dev/null ; echo $? ;

I would say that works great, actually. I say we do this. Or (without Samba):

netcat -l -q 0 -p [port] >system9.gz ; gzip -t recv ; echo $? ;
dd if=/dev/sda bs=16k | gzip -c | netcat -q 0 [host] [port] ;

--
Eric Branson
California State University, Sacramento

----- End forwarded message -----