2009 Apr 09 11:31

Re: [vox-tech] Fwd: Trouble installing Matlab in Debian

Re: [vox-tech] Fwd: Trouble installing Matlab in Debian

Quoting Bill Broadley (bill@cse.ucdavis.edu):

> xhost is for hostnames not usernames, so if you must (and you don't) use
> xhost +localhost.  Which while bad, is 100x better than xhost +.

Thank you for saying it, so I didn't have to.  (You did it better,
anyway.)

> Many stupid practices are common, don't assume just because google has
> a bunch of hits for something that it's a good idea.

What?  You mean one _shouldn't_ ask for the lyrics to "Duelling Banjos"
on the debian-devel mailing list?  ;->
(See:  http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#banjos )

--
Cheers,              Híggledy-pìggledy / XML programmers
Rick Moen            Try to escape those / I-eighteen-N woes;