2009 Feb 16 14:02

[vox-tech] powersupply + capacitor whine when CPU is idle

[vox-tech] powersupply + capacitor whine when CPU is idle

Hi,

My powersupply (I think) is making a deafening whining, reminiscent of a
capacitor on its last legs. I notice that when the CPU is busy, the whine
goes away.

Any clues on what could be causing this besides a faulty power supply? I have
ordered a new one just in case.

Cheers,

Dylan

--