2009 Feb 16 08:02

[vox-tech] Diagnosing a dying mailman

The webserver that hosts tuxpaint.org has one mailman list on it, which
I only email once every 6 months to a year, so I don't think about it too
much.

However, I noticed it was too quiet... I should be seeing people subscribing
to it on a regular basis.  I'm getting mail from the server constantly
(reports from a survey form on the site, and feedback email from another
site running on the same server).  So I 'su'd to root this morning and
did an '/etc/init.d/mailman restart' and was informed that mailman was
not running.

I'm not really making sense of the logs in /var/log/mailman.
I see some complaints about 'The master qrunner lock could not be acquired
because it appears as if another master qrunner is already running.'

But so far, based on how old some of the spams and errors I'm now
getting to the listadmin address, and the fact that the logs don't
for.

Any tips?

Thx,