January 6: Social gathering
2009 Feb 09 13:36

Re: [vox-tech] keyboard problems after aptitude upgrade

On Monday 09 February 2009, Troy Arnold wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 12:21:14PM -0800, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > ran aptitude upgrade this morning, and now the keyboard seems to have a
> > funky layout in X.org... I can use the keyboard as usual from the
> > console.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg?
>
> Edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and set the Options for the input device
> representing your keyboard?
> Option "XkbLayout" "us"

Thanks for the ideas Troy. Just tried this, without effect. The keyboard
appears to be setup properly in X.org...

I just tried another keyboard, and it does the exact same thing. The symptoms
are very strange:

- keys pressed several times will cause the caps lock LED to toggle on/off
- the number pad keys work fine
- the keyboard layout appears to be somewhat mixed up, although some letters
appear to match the keyboard

Again, the keyboard works fine from the console...

Dylan

--
Dylan Beaudette
Soil Resource Laboratory