2009 Jan 29 17:25

[vox-tech] Fwd: Sys Restore help and Installfest

Steven posted this to 'vox' from an address that's not subscribed.
I'm forwarding it along on his behalf, and this seems to be a technical
question, so I'm sending it to 'vox-tech' instead.

Thx,

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:23:59 -0800
From: Steven Weiss <scweiss@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Sys Restore help and Installfest
To: vox@lists.lugod.org

Hi,

I had a working dual-boot system since an Installfest over a year ago,
still running Gutsy, but the hard disk died. I'm looking for help
getting my system running again ASAP. When will the next Installfest
be? If not soon, any chance I can get some one-on-one help?

Fortunately both WinXP and Ubuntu partitions along with a 3rd data
partition are backed up, and I've got a new HD installed. But I
haven't been able to successfully restore even the Windows image yet.
(I saw Ubuntu's advice to get the Windows partition running first.)

Thanks,
Steve Weiss

P.S. I normally subscribe to vox and vox-tech under
stevew@bbenginc.com, but with my system down, this email
(scweiss@ucdavis.edu) is much easier to access.

----- End forwarded message -----