2009 Jan 22 00:18

Re: [vox-tech] sbackup question

That's a good question and I think I'll piggyback onto it.

I've also started using sbackup, but I'm not sure it is working properly.

1.  I tried using the "recommended settings" but each time I opened the
config page, it was changed back to "manual".  I have since settled on
"custom".
2.  I've enabled "custom settings" but the only thing I changed was the
location.  In my case a separate partition on the main drive.
3.  There is one complete backup dated 1/8 with an incremental dated
1/11, even though the setting are such that it will do incremental daily.
4.  This separate partition no longer auto-mounts upon startup like it
did before I accidentally wiped my profile (I think it did, there was
always that drive and my "home" folder on the desktop upon startup,
neither are there now.)

I'm watching it daily to see how it behaves, but since someone else
asked, I thought I'd jump in early in the discussion.  Is this normal?

I should probably start a new thread for point 4.

Thanks!
Aaron