2009 Jan 08 18:08

Re: [vox-tech] Wiped out my profile....

If you did indeed need to retrieve files. There's a tool ext3grep that
you can try to recover them with. It's not for the light hearted and a
bit complicated to use but works.
Of course, you need to stop and unmount the drive in question asap
otherwise you may be out of luck.

If you didn't loose anything terribly important, then don't bother.
That and make sure to start a backup routine for yourself Ubuntu has
several good packages for managing backups.

I use sbackup aka "Simple Backup", and have also had luck with backupninja.

Alex