2009 Jan 08 17:30

Re: [vox-tech] Wiped out my profile....

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 04:32:09PM -0800, Aaron wrote:
> Also, I think I may have wiped out the font packages that Alex helped me
> install when I installed ubuntu.  So with that being said, can someone
> jog my memory.... in synaptic, what would I search for for the font
> packages.  Alex I hope you remember.

FWIW, I think anything that you _installed_ via a package manager would not
be affected by wiping out your $HOME directory.  Your personal settings
regarding them will of course be gone, but if you installed some fonts via
a package manager, they should still be around and fine.

> If anyone has any input on how to retrieve my lost setting please let me
> know.
>
> I feel really stupid.

It happens.  I did the same once to my friend's commercial website.
("rm * ~" instead of "rm *~", in an attempt to delete some Emacs backup files)