2009 Jan 09 06:28

[vox-tech] Wiped out my profile....

Hi all,

I did something very stupid, when trying to remove wine and get
everything that is Microsoft behind me, I did something very stupid.
I issued:
sudo rm -rf $HOME/ .wine when I was supposed to use sudo rm -rf
$HOME/.wine  (I put a space between / and .)

I added an extra space, and as such I erased my profile, my
favorites/bookmarks, all my email in thunderbird, and my dad file for
moneydance.  I just got everything the way I wanted it, too.  Guess I'll
start over from scratch.  What better way to learn to back things up.

Also, I think I may have wiped out the font packages that Alex helped me
install when I installed ubuntu.  So with that being said, can someone
jog my memory.... in synaptic, what would I search for for the font
packages.  Alex I hope you remember.

If anyone has any input on how to retrieve my lost setting please let me
know.

I feel really stupid.

Thanks for any help.

Aaron