2009 Jan 07 10:51

Re: [vox-tech] Wireless Network Tool

Ken Bloom wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Aaron Brayton <aaronb@mcn.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm looking for a tool that displays the available wireless networks
>> within range and the associated details about those networks, type,
>> channel, strength, etc.
>>
>> I've looked at Prismstumbler and Wifi-radar but they don't seem to be
>> what I'm looking for.
>
> Try Kismet.
>
> --Ken

I guess that kinda depends on what you want to know. You can already get
most of that information with the commandline also.
sudo iwlist wlan0 scanning

Where wlan0 is the name of the wireless card being used.
But Kismet is also good if you can get it working, I had some driver
issues last time I tried it.

Alex