[vox-tech] Copying/ Moving Large number of files

[vox-tech] Copying/ Moving Large number of files

Hi,

I need to move a large number of directories whose size ranges from 1GB to 6 GB (multiple files ~400mb each) between two NFS partitions.  Which is the safest way to do it?  Will "mv dir1 /bla/bla/bla/dir1" will suffice?  The data is extremely valuable and I will hate to lose it during the process, should I do "copy" {cp -r dir1 /bla/bla/bla/dir1} instead and then remove the originals?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best Regards
Alfredo Lopez