[vox-tech] a reboot powers off machine

Ok here's a good one, if you have any ideas. Machine is a circ 1999
Pentium II 400Mhz Gateway running Debian Lenny. Two IDE drives in RAID
1. This is my home server.

Issuing 'sudo reboot', 'init 6', 'shutdown -r now', etc. powers off
the machine. No reboot. At the end, the last message I see is:

Will now Halt

Do you have any ideas? There are pretty much zero options in the BIOS.
The only thing having to do with power is to enable or disable BIOS
power management. I've tried turning that off, but it makes no
difference here.

All logs seem to look normal and fine. I can't seem to find anything
hanging, or that would be causing it to power off instead of reboot.
Maybe this thing is too old to have proper power management?

Scott