Re: [vox-tech] GRUB Puzzle

On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Alex Mandel wrote:

> What's in your kubuntu menu.lst and have you tried just copying those
> entries over?

Well that's just too simple.  But it works.

Kubuntu's menu.lst entry is:

/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.24-22-generic root=UUID=77a7b120-9eae-44d5-8a6c-6cc655287563
ro quiet splash

So I copied everything except "ro quiet splash" into Debian's menu.lst (for
Kubuntu) and now it works.  That is, Debian's GRUB can now boot the most
recent kernel for Kubuntu on the other partition.

Thank you Alex.  And thanks to the others who helped.

Bob