2008 Oct 31 17:10

Re: [vox-tech] burn directories to CDs

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 03:32:06PM -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 03:08:24PM -0700, harke wrote:
> > >

> > I think what Brian is really looking for is multicd. This little
> > program (or script) will create Cd multiple Cd images and
> > put the breaks between files so if you need to restore just
> > one, you can get from a single CD. You can have multicd both make
> > images and write to CD or just make the images.
> >
> > google multicd
>
> I think multicd is what I want. I will try that. He seems to describe
> the exact same problem.

Well, I hacked multicd to create iso9660 ISO images and burn them. It
seems that it currently burns ext2 onto a CD. The author pointed out that
with an ext2 file system he would know how much data would be written,
but with iso9660, he wouldn't. I left some space for overhead and then
I modified it so it would write an ISO9660 image. It's a pretty bad hack
at the moment.

brian
--
Brian Lavender