2008 Oct 18 01:05

[vox-tech] vmware workstation 5.5 on 2.6.26 kernel

[vox-tech] vmware workstation 5.5 on 2.6.26 kernel

Has anyone been able to get a working VMWare Workstation compiled + installed
+ working with a 2.6.26 kernel?

Here are the symptoms:

1. fresh download + install results in errors during the vmmon kernel model
2. running the vmware-any-any-update117d patch[1] fixes the compilation
problems, but the resulting vmware application cannot start-up a virtual
machine, complaining that the vmmon module is not the expected version.
3. changing the version number[2] in the source results in this:

NOT_IMPLEMENTED /build/mts/release/bora-108000/bora/lib/left/vmmonPosix.c:1213
NOT_IMPLEMENTED /build/mts/release/bora-108000/bora/lib/left/vmmonPosix.c:1213

I am at my wits' end as to how I am ever going to get vmware working again...!

Any ideas?

Debian/Unstable
Linux 2.6.26-1-686
VMware-workstation-5.5.8-108000