2008 Sep 25 12:20

[vox-tech] Record my desktop - how to record app sounds?

[vox-tech] Record my desktop - how to record app sounds?

I'm on Ubuntu 8.04 on a Dell Inspiron 1525.  I'm trying to convince
recordmydesktop (either directly, or via krecordmydesktop or
gtk-recordMyDesktop) to record audio coming out of apps.

I'm not sure what kind of mix settings to use, what, precisely, I should
be telling RMD (other than "record audio" :^) ), etc.

I've tried with and without KDE's sound daemon running (arts), and
tried tweaking the "Capture" settings in alsamixer and kmix alike.

Anyone have experience with this?  (I'd really like to replace the old
'silent movies' of Tux Paint with something newer, and with audio... and
maybe eventually with some mic-recorded dialog.  Make a real 'screencast' :) )

Thx!