2008 Sep 26 13:59

[vox-tech] Slow boot with Ubuntu 7.10

Hey all,
I installed Gutsy a few days ago and it takes 10-20 minutes to boot. I know
it's a documented problem that has to do with the usplash, but I've
followed all the advice I could find (particularly the instructions given
here:
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Gutsy#Fix_Slow_boot.2Ffaulty_splash_screen
) and it doesn't seem to be getting any faster. Has anyone else had to deal
with this problem, and if so what do you suggest? If I brought this in to
the next installfest would someone be interested in tuning this thing?
Thanks,

Kyle Oliveira
UCD CS Major