2008 Jul 21 17:29

Re: [vox-tech] login problem due to the lack of space

Hai Yi wrote:
> hello, folks:
>
> I have used up my linux disk space and when I tried to log in the
> system again, I got this message:
>
> GDM could not write to your authorization file. This could mean that
> you are out of disk space of that your home directory could not be
> opened for writing. In any case, it is not possible to log in. Please
> contact your system administrator.
>
> I didn't have another account to log in, so anyone can suggest me what
> to do next?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Hai

Boot a live disk(Knoppix, Ubuntu etc). Check to make sure that the disk
is really full. I think you have to mount it first before you can run
this command.
df -h

If it is full delete some files you don't need.
Shutdown the live disc and reboot.

Alex