2008 Jun 15 14:46

Re: [vox-tech] external webcam

Carl Boettiger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know about external webcam support for linux?  Will any
> usb web camera just work (with skype, etc), or are there things to
> look for?  I'm running Ubuntu Hardy.
>
> -Carl

I was under the impression that as long as no drivers are required it
should work as it would be following some standard usb spec. A few quick
clicks and here's a good source of info.
http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2007/04/30/one-man-writes-linux-drivers-for-235-usb-webcams

Scroll down to the bottoms, the specifics you want is in the first few
links.

Alex