2008 May 07 17:49

Re: [vox-tech] Reiserfs v. Ext3

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 15:43 -0700, Cylar Z wrote:
> I suspect a lot of Linux users will be either ignorant
> or apathetic of the fact that the developer of
> ReiserFS is in jail for a serious crime.
>
> A few might have some kind of ethical reservations
> about using it, but I can see having the same kind of
> debate about anything else - do we eschew some
> technology just because it was originally developed by
> the Nazis, for instance?

We're looking at it as a question of whether its developer can
support/develop it from jail. Apparently (according to the lwn article)
there are other developers maintaining Reiser 3 now, and it was never
clear whether Reiser 4 would be worth putting in the kernel.

I don't really care about the guy's ethics as a determiner of whether to
use his technology.

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/