January 6: Social gathering
2008 Mar 21 08:31

Re: [vox-tech] default pdf viewer in gnome

Carl Boettiger wrote:
> I use gnome with compiz, and I find that the evince document viewer
> uses a lot of my memory (>100MB!) and also doesn't display fonts
> clearly in some pdf articles.  For these and other reasons, I've
> started using kde4's okular, which works very well (also has nice new
> features).  I'd like to set it to the default (of firefox, and of
> gnome when I double-click on a pdf for instance), but I can't figure
> out how to do this.  Any ideas?

If you right click a pdf file (in nautilus) and select properties. Click the Open With tab. If
okular isn't in the list, click Add. It brings up a list of application. If okular isn't in the
list, select "Use a custom command" and type in okular. Okular should be added to the Open With
list. Click the circle to make it the default application.

Orson