January 6: Social gathering
2008 Mar 20 14:23

Re: [vox-tech] c code question

How about if you put each column into a list, and then after finishing,
iterate through all lists to produce the row? Only thing is that
everything will be stored in memory. But you could always add a bunch of
swap, and that will take care of it. :)

http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/stable/glib-Doubly-Linked-Lists.html

Add swap on the fly.

http://www.tldp.org/FAQ/Linux-FAQ/partitions.html#add-temporary-swap-space

Or, use gdbm. Here is a read example.

http://www.vivtek.com/gdbm/example.html

Shouldn't be too hard to write data.

brian

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:55:45AM -0700, Carl Boettiger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This isn't a linux question directly but I'm going to abuse the
> generosity and knowledge on this list and ask anyway:
>
> I'm running a c code where I'd like to print out data to a file in a
> matrix form.  I run a loop that fills in each entry of a column, which
> I print to a file fprintf(file, "%.5e\n", variable). When the loop
> starts again, I'd like to print the next set in an adjacent column,
> rather than under the existing data.  (currently I import the file
> into matlab and use reshape to convert the long vector into a matrix,
> but this doesn't work if the vectors are of different lengths).  Hope
> that made sense.  Any ideas?  Thanks!
>
> -Carl

Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/