2008 Mar 18 17:57

Re: [vox-tech] latest vmware problems

DB> Unable to make a vmmon module that can be loaded in the running
DB> kernel: There is probably a slight difference in the kernel
DB> configuration between the set of C header files you specified and
DB> your running kernel.  You may want to rebuild a kernel based on that
DB> directory, or specify another directory.

There are modified versions of the vmware modules that let you run on
older/newer kernels (and contain other fixes).

DB> /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-686-smp

That's certainly older.  Generally vmware doesn't support older/newer
kernels and they're pretty specific on a particular kernel range for a
particular version.

google for vmware-any-any in a .cz TLD and try those modules.

(it's also linked from the wikipedia vmware entry)