2008 Mar 06 13:46

Re: [vox-tech] USB disk drive problem

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Norm Matloff wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately, I had already tried them.

Certainly the OS noticed that the USB hard drive was plugged in.  There
was an error message of -110, but I couldn't find any site that explains
what this error actually is.

This makes it sound like it is an oddity of Mint's Linux (kernel) configuration. If the device works everywhere else, it is not a problem with the device. And we know it isn't a problem with a functioning Linux kernel, nor with a functioning Ubuntu.

I hate to ask more "dumb" questions, but: Has Mint been fully updated? Is it using its own, presumably Ubuntu-inherited, kernel packages? If so, I would imagine that Mint's mailing list would be the next best place to find useful information.

--
Bryan Richter