January 6: Social gathering
2008 Mar 06 08:43

Re: [vox-tech] USB disk drive problem

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 12:22 PM, Norm Matloff <matloff@cs.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> I wonder if there might be a kernel issue here?  Any opinions?

I guess trying a live-cd running the same kernel as the mint distro
would be the next step.

Is the external drive vfat formatted?  If you're in Gnome, I'd also
check configuration editor -> system -> storage -> default_options ->
vfat and see what it says under mount_options.  After a recent kernel
update I had to remove the option "usefree" to get my external usb
drive to mount.

-Carl