2008 Feb 18 20:40

Re: [vox-tech] Google Calendar and Evolution

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 14:56 -0800, Carl Boettiger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have a quick question on using evolution calendar with google
> calendar.  I was able to add gmail calendar using the private ical
> address provided by google calendar as an on-the-web calendar in
> evolution and see my calendar.  However, it shows the times as if I
> were viewing them from the east coast time zone, when everything (my
> google calendars, my computer and evolution program) are all set to
> west coast.  The times display correctly in google calendar itself.
> Any ideas?
>
> Also, anyone know about add/write support for evolution to google
> calendars?

Write support was added to SVN in October, and should appear in the next
version.
http://chenthill.wordpress.com/2007/10/23/google-calendar-in-evolution-2/

Alternatively, you can use OpenSync to synchronize changes between
Evolution and Google Calendar (which you would be treating as separate
calendars, much as you would use a PDA). See
http://geektalk.andreat.de/2006/11/how-to-syncronize-nokia-n70-palm.html
I'm using this to synchronize my Nokia 770 running GPE (which is not the
same as the N70 mentioned in this article) with Evolution on my desktop.
It works pretty well, but I had to give my Nokia 770 a static IP address
on my home network in order for it to work.

I'm wondering whether anybody's tried doing this kind of thing with a
Zaurus. It should be a similar set up to mine. Got any tips for life on
a Nokia 770 that I haven't thought of yet?

--Ken