2008 Jan 25 19:51

Re: [vox-tech] HTML email

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 02:14:07PM -0800, Gandalf Parker wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 01:56:37PM -0800, Gandalf Parker wrote:
> >>Hmmmmm I wonder if Pine has something like that.
> >
> >Yes, it's called:
> > alias pine mutt
> >*ducks*
>
> LOL
> But I kinda expected that.
>
> Actually my complaint is that I wish it would default to showing full
> urls. I dont mind cut-n-pasting the link into the browser on my desktop
> but I hate turning on raw view, finding the link again in all that mess,
> copying it, then remembering to turn off raw view before looking at the
> next email.

I put this in my /home/brian/.mailcap so that it uses lynx which will
insert a reference where the url exists and then lists the referenced
at the end of the email. No need to go to raw view!

text/html; /usr/bin/lynx -dump -force_html '%s'; copiousoutput; description=HTML Text; nametemplate=%s.html

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/