January 6: Social gathering
2008 Jan 15 18:08

[vox-tech] openoffice and word

Hi all,

I dual-boot windows and linux and save documents to a third (vfat) partition.  I began editing a file in windows on MS word.  I switch to linux, open it in openoffice and edit and save the file in .doc format.  I reboot into windows.  Will windows give me the time I last edited it in Word or the (more recent) time I last edited it openoffice in linux?

My problem is that going back to windows and opening the file, i don't see any of the changes in linux, and the time last edited according to windows is the time I last edited it in MS word.  There's no record of the editing in openoffice anywhere.  Any possible explanations?

Carl