2008 Jan 16 17:33

Re: [vox-tech] collaborative data storage (of excel files)

Re: [vox-tech] collaborative data storage (of excel files)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Jimbo wrote:
"The next step up, sorta, might be to set up a web server with a very
simple CGI for appending records to the CSV and committing, accessed
via a web form. From there you could proceed to using an low-admin
database if you wanted."

Smashing. This to me sounds good albiet I'm no pc wiz.
Could openoffice and the variable of gzip be integrated somehow into this concept?
It would make it easier. The script could unzip the file and work it in the original formats if those are more familiar to you.

Gandalf Parker