2008 Jan 03 20:05

[vox-tech] globally switch math-mode font in latex

[vox-tech] globally switch math-mode font in latex

Hi,

Is there any way to globally switch the math-mode font within a latex
document ? I would like all math-mode symbols to _not_ be in italics.
I know that this goes against the conventions, and it bothers me too-
but there is a pesky editor (who has been brainwashed by too many
viewings of poorly typeset word documents) that is insisting on the
change...

So far I have found incantations such as :

\SetMathAlphabet{\mathnormal}{normal}{\encodingdefault}{cmtt}{m}{n}

-or-

\DeclareMathAlphabet{\mathnormal}{normal}{\encodingdefault}{cmtt}{m}{n}

unsuccessful.

Any ideas? Or am I stuck inserting \mathrm{} all over the place?

Cheers,

Dylan