January 6: Social gathering

[vox-tech] Logitech QuickCam Communicate Deluxe review (from alinux perspective)

[vox-tech] Logitech QuickCam Communicate Deluxe review (from alinux perspective)

It works, just plug it in (on gutsy anyways).

Skype "just works", unlike my older usb cam.

Cheese (webcam application) "just works".

It managed to perch well on top of my 20" LCD.

It has a relatively noticeable white light on the camera so you can tell when it's active. It also has a sliding privacy shield so you can be sure that the camera can not see you.

Video quality seems about the same as I've grown to expect from a webcam,
attrocious in bad light to okay with good light. It does have a manual focus,
while it seems better when in focus, the depth of field seems less than some
of the fixed focus cams.