Re: [vox-tech] Setting foreground window from command line

Re: [vox-tech] Setting foreground window from command line

Chris Jenks wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to cause a specific window to move to the foreground when a shell script is run. My googling is returning very little signal to noise! I'm running pretty much stock Gutsy ubuntu. Any pointers?

Thanks,

Chris
Here is some c++ code that does it in a visualization application. It has been a long time since I looked at the details, but this might start you looking in the right direction. This commands are in standard X11 headers/libraries I think.

XRaiseWindow(window->GetDisplayId(), window->GetWindowId() );

Jonathan