2007 Nov 18 19:23

Re: [vox-tech] Printer installation

Thanks, Ken. I followed the instructions at http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/cups_wrapper_install5.html and ran into a problem.

Per instructions, I had both LPR and cups drivers in the same directory, logged in as root with sudo su, then installed the LPR driver with no error messages. However, the command to install the cupswrapper failed with this output:

Selecting previously deselected package cupswrappermfc8660dn.
(Reading database ... 114024 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking cupswrappermfc8660dn (from cupswrapperMFC8660DN-2.0.1-2.i386.deb) ...
Setting up cupswrappermfc8660dn (2.0.1-2) ...
ERROR : Brother LPD filter is not installed.
chmod: cannot access `/usr/local/Brother/inf/brMFC8660DNrc': No such file or directory
 * Restarting Common Unix Printing System: cupsd                         [ OK ]

I checked permissions with ls -l /usr/local/Brother and got this:

total 16
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2007-11-15 17:57 cupswrapper
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2007-11-15 17:57 filter
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 2007-11-15 17:54 inf
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2007-11-15 17:54 lpd

The inf directory has all permissions enabled already, the file the installer wants, brMFC8660DNrc, is there and looks OK, and I was logged in as root, so I don't know what the problem is. Got any advice?

Thanks,
Steve

Ken Bloom wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:29:58 -0800