2007 Oct 30 14:53

Re: [vox-tech] Re: lynx and Google

--- Carl Boettiger <cboettig@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yup, that worked.  Thanks all.
> (How can I change the default link that it tries to
> open?)

Well, from what I can tell on my ubuntu system, the
default home page is set in:

/etc/lynx-cur/local.cfg

There are 2 lines in that file:

user@localhost:/etc/lynx-cur$ cat local.cfg
STARTFILE:http://search.yahoo.com/
#NNTPSERVER:news.server.dom
user@localhost:/etc/lynx-cur$

Originally the STARTFILE was http://www.debian.org,
which I changed to search.yahoo.com and that made the
default start page/home page become search.yahoo.com
instead of debian.org.

Just edit that file with your favorite text editor and
see if anything changes.  If not, though, then you may
still need to find where this whole comcast url is
coming from by grep'ing through the files.

Something like

user@localhost:/etc$ grep -ri 'comcast' *

will look for the string 'comcast' in all of the
normal  files (i.e. ones that are not hidden files).