2007 Oct 28 22:18

Re: [vox-tech] Re: lynx and Google

--- Carl Boettiger <cboettig@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm, replaced lynx with lynx-cur, won't run at all.
> I get:
>
> lynx: Can't access startfile
> http://www.hsd1.pa.comcast.net/
>
> and it won't let me attempt to do anything.
> bizarre.
>
> -Carl

Do you get the same error when you start lynx with a
url as a command line argument?  Something like:
'lynx http://www.google.com' or 'lynx
search.yahoo.com' ?

I tried inputting the url you gave into firefox, and
it didn't resolve to an actual address, as well
running 'host' on the address.

Hence I do not know where you'd be getting that url
from.  Maybe it's in one of your configuration files
under /etc ?  You could always try to grep for the url
just to see where it is, if anywhere on your
harddrive.

Since the url has 'comcast' in it, though, my guess is
that it has something to do with your ISP, though I
could be totally wrong about that.