2007 Oct 26 17:42

[vox-tech] Fwd: lynx and google

Carl posted this from a non-subscribed address, so I'm fwd'ing it to the
list on his behalf:

----- Forwarded message from vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:28:05 -0700
From: Carl Boettiger <cboettig@gmail.com>
Subject: lynx and google
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org

Hi,

I'd like to be able to take advantage of text-based web browsers like
lynx more often.  I have a few challenges.  First, I can't seem to
access google.  Launching lynx, hitting g, typing www.google.com gives me:

Google Error 400 Bad Request
Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request.

Other webpages I can access fine.  Any ideas?

Another trivial question: I'd like to be able to scroll down in webpages
rather then jump down to a new screen (if I can't see what I just read
near the top of the page I get confused).  How do you do this?

Thanks!  If I'm posting in the wrong forum, let me know.

-Carl

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/