2007 Sep 30 02:15

[vox-tech] home network - how to make a UNIX known to the other PC(Windows)

[vox-tech] home network - how to make a UNIX known to the other PC(Windows)

This might be a very simple question, so forgive me if it is.

I have two PCs at home. One is Ubuntu the other is Windows XP.

Ubuntu machine has a name "zodiac", how can it makes it known to the
Window XP machine? I want to install a tightvnc server on Ubuntu and a
client on Windows so it can visit the Ubuntu.

I  guess I need to modify the hosts and network files on Win XP to
include the IP and name of the Ubuntu machine?

Thanks for your help!

Hai