2007 Sep 27 11:00

Re: [vox-tech] Preserving carriage returns in OpenOffice.ort Calccells when referring to them

Re: [vox-tech] Preserving carriage returns in OpenOffice.ort Calccells when referring to them

> So I've got a spreadsheet with some cells that contain carriage returns.
>
> When I refer to them (e.g., "$A2", or "=IF(NOT(ISBLANK($D12));$D12;$C12)",
> the carriage returns appear to get stripped, or converted to spaces.
>
> Is there a way to prevent this?  I tried using "CELL("CONTENTS";$D12)",
> but that did the same thing.
>
> I'm at a loss.  Thx!

AFAIK the standard model of spreadsheets does not allow linebreaks
within cells, so undefined and inconsistent behavior such as you are
encountering is to be expected. What is the underlying motivation here?
Perhaps there is a better solution that gets around the limitations of
spreadsheets.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13