January 6: Social gathering
2007 Jul 10 12:56

[vox-tech] Older Laptop Memory?

Does anyone have some PC133 So-Dimm memory (the kind you'd find in older
laptops)?
I recently acquired a secondhand laptop that had some problem that was
stopping it from running XP (possibly the 256 mb of RAM, I suspect). I
installed Xubuntu 6.06 and it's running surprisingly well. Everything works
fine, it's just a little slow sometimes and will not run DVD movies well
(it's either extremely choppy or throws a colored line across the screen or
both). I am sending this laptop down to my little brother so he has one for
a summer program at UCSD and I've gotta mail it off today (or early
tomorrow morning) so if anyone does have memory they'd care to get rid of
I'd need to know today. I'll pay up to $40 depending on size, if you'd like.
Sorry for such a small window, I didn't even think to ask the group until
just now.
Thanks,

Kyle Oliveira
UCD Computer Science major