2007 Jun 21 21:32

[vox-tech] Installing Firefox in Kubuntu

[vox-tech] Installing Firefox in Kubuntu

I'm a long time Gentoo user who is experimenting with Kubuntu 7.04 on an old Althon-XP box. The system installed without a glitch, but I can't seem to install additional software. The add/remove facility shows Firefox in the list, but it is greyed out and I have found no way to ungrey it. I tried using apt-get install firefox via the command line, but this gives a "Package firefox is not available" error. Googling hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

Bruce