2007 Jun 21 08:48

Re: [vox-tech] microphone (solved-summary)

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 11:29:43PM -0700, Jimbo wrote:
> I have just emailed the company that you posted asking them if this
> product will work on Linux.  Doesn't do me any good if it doesn't

The manufacturer webpage: http://www.soundtech.com/lightsnake/faq.asp
says that it works with a generic usb audio driver windows has, and
linux also has a generic usb audio driver (snd-usb-audio), so I think
there is a good chance it would work. The same page says to your
question: "Is the LightSnake compatible with Linux?
The cable has not been proven to be compatible with Linux."

So I guess they are saying they haven't tried it, but they think it is
possible also. If it needed a special driver for windows or linux I
think they would know and say conclusively.

Again, I don't have any experience with usb audio devices, so maybe
somebody else can tell you more. Hope you make this work and
can tell us what you find. If it does work you should also add it to the
list of supported devices here:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php/Usb-audio
Nick