2007 Jun 20 23:02

Re: [vox-tech] microphone (solved-summary)

Re: [vox-tech] microphone (solved-summary)

Jimbo wrote:
Greetings:
Went to frys and bought a microphone however it doesn't work on a pc. A pc mic works just fine. I guess that it wasn't designed to work on a pc (it is a shure 8900 brand mic).

I see why it doesn't...the regular pc mic has 2 separators in the jack and the pro mic has just one and it is spaced differently( but the same size jack).

Can I somehow get an adapter from radio shack for example? Don't really know if I can get around the 2 jack separator not knowing how mics are imputted. I haven't went yet to see if this is an option; I have to go to a party tonite.

Hate to return this nice mic. Anybody had the same experience?

One last quick thing:
I bought a new sound card for my pc thinking that the rca jack receivers on the back of it would go directly to my stereo however I have read that these jacks are for s/pdif in and out. Hard time understanding what this is for when googled.
Jimbo

Well heck...it isn't as easy as plugging a mic into a sound card even if it nice looking.

According to what I have found online I have a low impedance mic in which I would have to have a mic preamp to 'push' the output. Too expensive for what I need.

The mics jack has only 1 separator in which it is mono. I was wrong into thinking that it is the jack configuration causing no sound.

Thank you Mark Kim for the reply. Your reply make me google til my noodle hurt.

I will go to frys tomorrow and exchange this for something that works.

Jimbo