2007 Jun 20 22:38

[vox-tech] microphone

Greetings:
Went to frys and bought a microphone however it doesn't work on a pc. A pc mic works just fine. I guess that it wasn't designed to work on a pc (it is a shure 8900 brand mic).

I see why it doesn't...the regular pc mic has 2 separators in the jack and the pro mic has just one and it is spaced differently( but the same size jack).

Can I somehow get an adapter from radio shack for example? Don't really know if I can get around the 2 jack separator not knowing how mics are imputted. I haven't went yet to see if this is an option; I have to go to a party tonite.

Hate to return this nice mic. Anybody had the same experience?

One last quick thing:
I bought a new sound card for my pc thinking that the rca jack receivers on the back of it would go directly to my stereo however I have read that these jacks are for s/pdif in and out. Hard time understanding what this is for when googled.
Jimbo