January 6: Social gathering
2007 May 30 15:18

Re: [vox-tech] Monitor Recommendation?

> On Wed, 30 May 2007, Bob Scofield wrote:
>
> >It seems like Sony had a great reputation for CRT monitors when I bought
> >this
> >one around 2001.  But we're seeing monitor reviews without Sony even being
> >mentioned.  So I don't know what's going on.
> >
> >Can anyone recommend a good flat screen monitor?  She wants a 17 inch
> >monitor.

I like Samsung. Good price on a 1600x1200 available here:
http://www.futurepowerpc.com/scripts/product.asp?PRDCODE=MTSA-204BBLACK&REFID=FR

I strongly recommend getting a DVI-D monitor and video card for an
all-digital signal path. The image clarity will be better due to the
lack of analog artifacts. Ignore DVI-I and DVI-A interfaces; these are
VGA-equivalent analog interfaces.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13