2007 May 09 23:03

[vox-tech] remaster live cd from install

[vox-tech] remaster live cd from install

I have just made a live cd from my linux install on my hard drive. Holy s..t it was soo easy!

I rooted shell and typed remasterme and just like magic...I had an iso of my linux os with ALL MY SETTINGS!

It appears that it has the basic boot files and the like but my background pictures, settings, even the files in the garbage are all there! It even has all the programs that were synaptically installed on my system! It is a 3.5G dvd but I will slim this way down next time and tweak on this oh so very hard.

I don't have 3d acceleration and the graphics are set too big but given what I have now I am almost in tears of the simplicity of it!

I am right now using my live cd to email this!

You know...it would be very easy to make a lugod live cd this way with backgrounds, bookmarks, and even things loaded to start upon booting into desktop. This is way too cool and uber easy to pass up.

Has anybody else played with making a live cd? Can I get some imput? Is there a doctor in the house cuz IM ABOUT TO PASS OUT FROM ALL THIS EXCITEMENT!

Jimbo

P.s.: Alex, do you remember what partitions are blank on my hard drive? Since we formatted all of them I don't know which ones I can use to make another install.